Tuesday, January 27, 2004

On the minus side:
I made a big mistake in my training presentation.

I neglected the Review Step of the ROPES model.
I skipped introductions and failed to recognize and acknowledge the expertise in the room.

Participants thus missed out on an opportunity to 'say their name,' network and share expertise.
I missed an opportunity to learn about my audience.
In addition, I lost a valuable opportunity to warm up the audience for a discussion I expected them to partipate in later in the program.

What I learned:
Never skip introductions - even if it uses up valuable content time.
People want interaction, and it begins with personal involvement and activity.
It doesn't make any sense to carefully script the ISD process and then abandon parts of it.

Think ahead about the type of questions you want to ask.
Who's in the audience?
What is each person's special interest in the topic?

A. Always
S. Seek
K. Knowledge

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home